Ahhhhh......My Most Favorite Thing





Here are some pics of me in my horseback riding days. I say that since I haven't ridden in years, cause its a very expensive habit. Please tell the hubby that he needs to make the money to support my habit. I have always loved horses. Yes it's probably is a girl thing. If there is a horse around, I'm the one usually staring at it. I think its in my blood.

The horse I am riding is Bachelor. He was my favorite (not because of the name) but because you would guide him to any fence and he would almost always go over it. I hated the horses who would put the brakes on you in front of the fence. He did get really mad at me one time and instead of braking after a jump he just took off with me on his back. I pulled the reins and he went faster. I was a little confused at 1st and my instructor just said ride it out. I guess it was just a bad day for him. So off we went galloping full speed around the arena till he cooled off. Needless to say, I kinda had fun going so fast.

I had another favorite horse to ride at the school I went to, her name was Gypsy. She was such a cute little grey horse. So soft and had a mane that stuck straight up like a zebra. Maybe she was part zebra since she was so short. But she was soooo fun to ride, she was like a little sports car. She's the only horse that could zip around a corner really fast. And she also would usually jump over a fence. Too bad I don't have pics of her.

I've ridden Western and English style. I was scared to start riding on an English saddle, the ones without a horn to hold on to for dear life. But my mom started me riding English when I turned 16 and I thought I needed to be brave. Well, it was a good thing because I loved jumping. Its such a thrill. And yes, even though I rode everyday and jumped almost as much, the higher the jump the more intimidating. You have to have a lot of faith in your horse.

Leave it to me talking about horses to make this my longest post I've ever posted. :) I will try to be better.

Comments

em said…
Hi Darla, I stop by every once in a while to see how you're doing. I love the pics and miss those days. Lots of fun together.
Emily (Hardman) Apgood

Popular Posts